Before we move to installing Joomla please make sure that your server fulfils all the requirements.
Joomla 3.x recomended system requirements:
PHP version 5.6 or 7
Some of the settings: Magic Quotes GPC, MB String Overload = off / Zlib Compression Support, XML Support, INI Parser Support, JSON Support, Mcrypt Support, MB Language = Default .
Database − MySQL 5.5.3 +
Apache - 2.4 +
Some of the settings: mod_mysql, mod_xml, and mod_zlib.
To download Joomla go to : https://downloads.joomla.org/ . Take downloaded file and upload it to your public_html folder on your server and unpac.
Joomla need MySQL database. Please create a new empty database with user/password and copy to Notepad: database name, user and password as you will need it during the installation.
Actual installation process:
Joomla Installation Stage 1
Open browser and type your website address (where you intstalling Joomla) and you will be automaticaly redirected to the installation screen.
It contains the following information:
- Site Name − Enter the name of the website (browser title).
- Description − Add text about your website.
- Admin Email − Enter administrator's email address.
- Admin Username − Enter the username you want to use.
- Admin Password − Enter password you want to use.
- Site Offline − It specifies whether your site should be offline or online after completion of installation.
Click the Next button.
Joomla Installation Stage 2
Please enter the information about your MYSQL database from your Notepad file:
- Database Type: Select your database type. Default is MySQLi.
- Host Name: Tpe the host name. Default is localhost.
- Username: Enter the user name of your MySQL database.
- Password: Enter the password of your MySQL database.
- Database Name: Enter the name of your MySQL database.
- Table Prefix − It is a security feature leave default value.
- Old Database − this setting is irrelevant for anew databese.
Click the Next button.
Joomla Installation Stage 3
Here you can see all the information added to Joomla and remove the installation folder (required). In new Joomla 3.7 there is an option to install additional languages to Joomla before removing installation folder.
Now you can go to live site or login to administration with user name and password created. Goodl luck!